- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are currently seeking a Geo-Environmental Engineer to work on new and existing projects in southern England, mainly comprising Phase 1 and Phase 2 Site Investigations. The position is based within the GeoEnvironmental Consultancy Department.
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of different projects mostly comprising redevelopment of brownfield sites. You will have the opportunity to become a key member of the team, working with our senior staff on some exciting projects.
- Planning, execution and reporting of Phase 1 and Phase 2 Geo-Environmental and Geotechnical site investigations
- Logging soil and rock samples
- Scheduling laboratory testing
- Site monitoring - groundwater, surface water and ground-gas
- Conducting soil and groundwater risk assessments Liaising with Clients and Regulators
- Relevant degree in Geology, Environmental Science - postgraduate degree desirable
- Experience working for a UK multi-discipline consultancy
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Membership of a professional organisation such as the Geological Society or CIWEM, ideally working towards Chartered Status
- Experience of quantitative human health, groundwater and ground-gas risk assessments
- Willingness to research and keep up to date with current contamination topics & legislation Liaison with Clients and Regulators including Local Authorities and the Environment Agency
- Ideally knowledge of asbestos regulations and associated testing and risk assessment
- Production of Remediation Method Statements, supervision of remediation works and production of Validation Reports
- Geotechnical knowledge, logging soils and rocks etc.
- Full driving licence
The Geo-Environmental Department provides a diligent, friendly working environment where staff are encouraged to research and be innovative in their work.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.