- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
responsible for providing a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
The person made responsible for providing a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
Applies HR experience and knowledge of policy and procedure, and knowledge of a range of business situations to the deployment of HR change and process. Applies knowledge to a range of problems, situations and issues, provides advice and guidance to line managers relating to policy and procedure. Has less independence and provides support to a more senior generalist or HRBP.
Applies extensive HR and business knowledge and experience to investigate, analyse, challenge and make recommendations to resolve problems, issues and generate solutions relating to deployment, operationalisation and integration of HR initiatives and processes.
Listed below are some of the typical activities undertaken, however this is not intended to be a fully comprehensive list:
- Manages, leads or contributes to HR projects, including management of LCM for small projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required
- Supports HRBP's and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit
- Uses an understanding of the business and relationship management skills to influence, facilitate and implement change
- Provides operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs, working in collaboration with the appropriate CoE
- Enables people manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary
- Investigates and resolves complex 3rd tier generalist type queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling
- Reviews business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate
- Channesl information to and from HR Shared Services and give guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support,
o Encourages employees and line managers to use correct service channels
o Promotes transition to new HR operating model, by encouraging People Managers to adopt self-service functionality
The typical knowledge, skills and qualification required for this role include:
- Understanding of the markets in which BAE Systems operates in including, competitors customers, technologies and trends
- Commercial understanding of the business issues particularly the two way "cause and effect" relationship for the strategic, financial, economic, business development and operational functions of the business
- Understanding of the business strategy and able to disseminate this information clearly
- Requires understanding of a number of HR subject areas
- Good knowledge of HR policies and practice
- Good understanding of HR and how the function operates
- Understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards
- Understands the complexities and subtleties of the business area supported, including understanding of scale, complexity, sensitivity, ambiguity, risk or strategic impact * Applies subject matter knowledge to local problems or issues.
- Can resolve complex people problems and issues
- History of making evaluative judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources
- Ability to translate strategy into action creating winning solutions and output for the business
- An effective communicator, able to manage messages into multiple audience
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Can provide technical HR advice
- Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships
- Proficient in the use of computer systems, particularly MS Office
- Can develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging HR problems and issues
- Can make evaluative judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources * Degree in HR / Business
- Experience of understanding business requirements
translating into appropriate solutions and delivering within budget/timescales
- Experience of operating successfully in a manufacturing or project based organisation
- Experience of operating within a unionized business
- Experience of operating within a customer environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.