- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Asset Data Technician
Reporting to the Asset Register Specialist. Asset Data Technician is responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base infrastructure assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards.
Reporting to the Asset Register Specialist, the Asset Data Technician is responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base infrastructure assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards. The data sets produced by the Asset Data Technician will be critical to all engineering and technical teams in the Base Services organisation in support of the safe and effective estate output.
- Process 3D point cloud scan and visual data to extract individual asset details.
- Generating floor plan drawings from 3D data models for space planning purposes.
- Use engineering judgement to select appropriate technical classifications in alignment with ISO19650 and enter asset details in template in accordance with defined quality standard.
- Identifying the requirement for, and creating enhanced register data for assets in accordance with required legislation E.G. lifting, asbestos, refrigerant gas, historic, high voltage assets.
- Capture an estimate of asset safety and operational condition from visual images and video audio commentary and calculate asset failure risk.
- Select and assign maintenance task lists and plans for all assets for engineering authority approval.
- Identifying the requirement for, designing and printing safety and identification labels for assets.
- The individual could have a relevant technical qualification in one of : City & Guilds, Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
- The individual must have a relevant technical experience in one of : Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
- Experience of SAP preferably with an Asset Management bias would be advantageous
Skills & Behaviours:
- The individual must be a confident and competent user of IT applications with above average skills in Microsoft Excel while working with large data sets.
- The individual must be comfortable with making decisions on appropriate data to record where there is uncertain or lacking information in the raw data being processed.
- The individual must be able to work closely with others to deliver consistency across asset records generated by different individuals.
Additional Agency Information
Pay Rate £20.95 LTD
£ 16.92 PAYE equivalent
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.