- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical OR EICA Project Engineer
Our client is recruiting for a Mechanical OR Electrical, Instrument, Control & Automation (EICA) Project Engineer to assist in the management of upcoming AMP7 schemes with their Project Managers.
Working within their Investment Department Non-Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects to the required quality, within time and to budget.
The Company is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to their non-infrastructure assets, as part of their AMP7 capital programme. These projects are aimed at maintaining and improving treatment works assets to ensure continuous high standard water is supplied to customers. This work will involve the refurbishing, replacing and improving their electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners.
The ideal candidate
- Track record of building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, companies, contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent communicator
- Pro-active approach to Health & Safety and customer service.
- Reasonable understanding of project management, in-particular APMP methodology.
- Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor on design and build projects.
- 'Graduate Engineers' who are looking to take the next step in their career will be considered.
- Demonstrate an ability to use your initiative to resolve issues and drive projects to a conclusion
- Assist Project Manager(s) as the Project Engineer with the following;
- Project scope(s) definition with key stakeholders
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and desired quality standards.
- Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally & externally
- Creation of the scopes, contracts, reports & position papers, in particular Mechanical or EICA elements
- 'Day to Day' project management co-ordination tasks to reduce the work load on PM's
- Mechanical or EICA designs, specifications and documentation reviews on behalf of the client, development of client Mechanical or EICA & general designs standards.
- Supervision of Mechanical Works or Site Electrical Works under 18th EE regulations (training will be provided if not 18th EE qualified).
- Managing, Supervising and Diagnosing PLC (Schneider / Allen Bradley) & Telemetry (Schneider GeoSCADA / Clear SCADA) software configuration amendments through the project life cycle. (EICA only)
- Commissioning of Mechanical assets or MCC's, quality and monitoring Instrumentation, control systems & shutdown protection circuity on behalf of the client.
Our client will consider flexible working arrangements. This can include alternative days / hours of work or work location
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.