- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical / Electronics Engineer
Our client are a leading manufacturer of bespoke computer systems for the defence industry. They have an exciting role for an experienced Electrical and Electronics Engineer to join them in their Fareham offices.
In this role you will be responsible for the design of electrical systems from low power battery systems to three phase power. This will include the design of electrical circuitry, schematics, electronic PCB's and component selection for industrial, mobile and rugged computers and 19" electronic\electrically wired racks and enclosures.
This is a leading role reporting to the Engineering Director. You will be working closely with and leading other engineers from multiple disciplines throughout product development programmes.
You will be responsible for ensuring the viability of new concepts from first principles - including circuit modelling, wiring schematics and calculations.
You will work with customers and internally, assisting with product commissioning and integration as well as supporting with the resolution of any in service issues.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all electrical and electronic design drawings and data is properly recorded and available for other departments such as procurement and manufacturing.
- Qualified to degree level in Electrical and Electronic Engineer or with equivalent relevant experience.
- PCB design experience, in particular design for power electronics would be highly desirable.
- Electrical design experience, ideally both low and high power but experience of both is not deemed to be essential.
- Experienced with suitable CAD design tools.
- Experienced with the test, verification and validation of electrical and electronic systems.
- Knowledge of Environmental Standards (Def Stan, Mil-Std, BS EN, DNV).
- Ideally some background with Computer or IT systems but again this is not a necessity.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.