- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
R&D Manager - Electronics and software
R&D Manager - Electronics and software - An exciting opportunity to lead a team of software & electronics engineers and technologists, developing innovative solutions for Scientific and Motor products.
R&D Manager - Electronics and software -
An exciting opportunity to lead a team of software & electronics engineers and technologists, developing innovative solutions for Scientific and Motor products.
We are seeking an R&D manager with a broad experience of software & electronics to lead our team and help us to maintain our market leading position globally.
You will direct the strategy and manage the activities of a team of engineers and technologists, who are the subject matter experts in software, electronics, motors & drives. You must inspire the team to successfully develop world class, innovative, customer-enabling technologies,
You will be responsible for defining and validating the software & electronics roadmap and work closely with the management team to ensure alignment with the business strategy.
We require academic or industry knowledge of electronics & software engineering, and substantial experience of R&D management and product development in a high technology environment. Essential attributes include:
- A proven ability to manage technology/innovation projects, delivering on time and to specification, with the resilience to overcome technical challenges
- Fostering innovation to improve product design and performance
- Business and commercial awareness to identify technology opportunities, and ability to make balanced proposals for the technology plan.
- Able to build, develop, inspire, and direct a cohesive team
- Analytical approach with a proven ability to apply scientific principles
- Influencing, communication, presentation and negotiating skills at the highest levels, both internally and externally. Able to achieve credibility and command respect.
- Ideally the applicant will already have a comprehensive knowledge of software and electronics in scientific, engineering and industrial applications, markets and technologies. In particular, s/he will be acutely aware of how value can be created from data from smart and connected products.
We are committed to understanding and meeting the needs of our customers, requiring collaboration with academic and industrial partners. The role may require some international travel.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.