- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Test Engineer - Software / Systems
Excellent opportunity for a Systems and Software Test Engineer to work with a leading new energy systems company.
- Design and development of software solutions for the test stands to meet reliability objectives.
- Determine requirements from multiple input sources and customer voices.
- Follow processes for controlling the software versions applied to test stands and where necessary develop this process to be suitable.
- Responsible for the strategic direction around test stand software and data storage.
- Perform critical reviews of existing systems and solutions and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Lead issue investigation and resolution activities.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the testing of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells and associated systems.
- Produce high quality reports and present findings and recommendations.
- Provide accurate daily updates to test management.
- Lead fault finding activities, issue investigations and improvement projects.
- Work package planning.
Essential requirements and core competencies to be successful in the role include;
- Proven industrial experience.
- At least, one of the following:
- Systems Engineering experience
- Experience database design, e.g. SQL, ODS.
- Formal software development experience
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Ability to dissect complex and possibly conflicting customer requests to determine the key software requirements.
- Ability to develop efficient, robust and safe software solutions to complex problems in the testing of SOFCs and related systems.
- Ability to visualise and summarise data, perform basic sense checking, identify inconsistencies and perform basic thermodynamic calculations, e.g. efficiency, simple heat balances.
- Ability to read and produce technical documents including mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and P&IDs.
- Ability to plan and manage work packages, to produce risk assessments and other similar safety tools, e.g. HAZID, HAZOP and FMEA.
- Sound report writing skills and the ability to communicate results and deliver presentations to colleagues and management.
- Delivery-focused and highly motivated, capable of handling multiple priorities and working alone as well as part of a high-performing team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.