- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Design Engineer
BAE Systems are seeking Electrical Design Engineers to work on defence projects on their Royal Navy/ MOD Surface Ship contracts in Glasgow.
Electrical Design Engineer - Scotstoun (Glasgow) - 6 months - £28ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role requires you to undertake a BPSS + Criminal Record Check.
BAE Systems run MOD/ Royal Navy projects for Surface Ships out of Scotstoun in Glasgow. These include the Type 26 vessels. They require an Electrical Design Engineer to work on their requirements at this site.
The role requires a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques:
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Shipbuilding or Oil and Gas (Offshore) experience.
- 5 years' experience in Electrical Design, preferably with some exposure to defence or security cleared work.
- Foran experience would be beneficial.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.