- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Cost Engineer / Estimator - Managed Motorways
Due to continued growth and investment, our client is recruiting Civil Engineering Estimators to join their Commercial Services team in Central Birmingham.
As a Civil Engineering Estimator, you will actively engage with a range of key stakeholders to produce cost estimates and advise on planning and estimating matters across a range of high value, high profile Civil Engineering schemes throughout their lifecycle. You will also contribute to the development of a process improvement approach to cost engineering improving capability across the function with the opportunity to lead and mentor Assistant Estimators, Graduates and Apprentices within the team.
This is a great opportunity to join a major client investing billions across the strategic road network, they offer exposure to civil engineering projects that are connecting communities, sustaining business and support the economy.
What you'll be leading on
- Using your expertise to provide detailed cost estimates for projects and programmes, in order to provide information to a range of areas to plan effectively
- Responsible for working on projects throughout their lifecycle, providing timely and accurate outputs in accordance with the estimating manual to provide information to project boards
- Lead in the effective implementation of consistent reporting templates to capture and analyse relevant data to ensure that there is a consistent approach from all peers
- Undertake project and scheme cost estimates with Project Teams up to and post Early Contractor Involvement award stage
- Ensure contractors' estimates, including Target Costs / budget setting, are audited to support the effective cost driven management of all projects
- Utilise software effectively in order to produce the most accurate estimates for work, supporting the timeliness and cost accurateness of projects and schemes
- Work closely with Supply Chain in order to negotiate intricacies both from a measurement standpoint and contractual elements.
To be successful
- You will hold a qualification at degree level as a minimum in one the following disciplines Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying / Estimation
- You will be a proven Estimator / Quantity Surveyor / Cost Engineer with experience gained in a Civil Engineering environment or be an experienced Highway / Civil Engineer / PM who is commercially aware
- You will have demonstrable expertise in a specific range of estimation and cost engineering techniques
- You will have experience of working with and development of estimating templates, tools and techniques
- You will have the ability to work in a complex structured project and programme management environment to tight deadlines
- You actively engage with project stakeholders and work closely with project teams ensuring effective communication to achieve the desired outputs
- You are able to use Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar planning tools effectively.
A bit about them
There has never been a better time to join their Commercial and Procurement team. They're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen… You'll be involved in the design of our modern, progressive contracts and partnerships, negotiating best commercial terms, galvanizing innovation and producing smart cost estimates and plans. Building in every opportunity to ensure that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on their road network.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.