- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Engineer - BAE074410
Hill End (Yeovil)
£41.00 LTD / Umbrella (Other payment options available)
A Hardware Systems Engineer is also responsible for the helping ensure the overall Physical, Electrical and Environmental compliance of the delivered System, ensuring it meets both BAE Systems Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer's base of operation.
Your main responsibilities as a Hardware Engineer will involve:
- Providing Hardware and Systems Engineering support to the business development activities including study/experimentation activities, system de-risking activities, interfacing with suppliers and interaction with prospective customers at a technical level
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Your skills and qualifications as a Hardware Engineer:
- A strong Hardware and Systems Engineering background
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and configuration management
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems)
- Experience of providing engineering input and support to business development activities would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified
- CAD experience / familiarity desirable
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, serial communication, 4G mobile technologies, network security, network management,
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC, Environmental etc. (awareness of associated DEF-STANS would be desirable)
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- A background in Communications (voice, data and radio products)
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.