- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Systems Engineer Mathematical Modelling
Matchtech are now recruiting for a Systems Engineer on a contract basis for our key defence client. This role needs Matlab/Simulink and ideally radar experience for an initial 6 month contract.
Principal Systems Engineer
Up to £55.00p/h LTD
The Principal Systems Engineer will have extensive experience mathematical- and physics-based modelling and model-based design / development, for conceptual system design of engineering solutions / products. The role will require strong technical and stakeholder management abilities with which to identify and manage a broad range of stakeholder needs that will inform system requirements, architectures, and design, to ensure the delivery of fully compliant solutions to our customer.
This Principal Systems Engineer role is within the Combat Air business group, and will focus on developing a model of a real-world avionic receiver / transmitter system; this model will subsequently integrate with similar models developed by parallel teams, with the aim of modelling and analysing proposed enhancements to the interactions within the overall system. The developed model will become a long-term capability for the ongoing development of the systems and subsystems on the host aircraft.
You really must have:
- Highly experienced with maths- and physics-based modelling and the use of industry-standard toolsets (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink).
- Experience of modelling electronic RF/EO/IR sensor systems.
- Experience of modelling complex technology systems in a system-of-systems context.
- Proficiency in requirements management methods and toolsets.
- Strong analytical ability, e.g. to support of trade-off studies (functionality, performance, technology, etc.) to inform designs and operational capabilities.
- Experience of working in the defence (ideally airborne) sector
- Experience of developing performance and operational capabilities for defence systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills across internal / external stakeholders at varying levels, including industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of virtual and constructive simulations to support software and hardware integration and test.
- Experience of technology demonstrator programmes.
- Knowledge of system processes, performance, and operational capabilities for airborne Electronic Warfare systems (e.g. DAS, Radar, EO / IR, Communications).
- Understanding of critical enabling technologies for a multirole future combat air system.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.