- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
One of our leading clients is currently looking for experienced Supervisors to join their exciting and growing fibre division.
Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Supervisor with knowledge of civils and cabling activities on telecom infrastructure build and maintenance contracts
As Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out in progress and retrospective site audits whilst checking and reporting compliance levels for both the company and client.
You will coach and mentor field operatives to improve quality and compliance to NRSWA 1991, TMA 2004, safety at Civils and activations and to optimise customer KPI measures.
Responsibilities as Supervisor include:
- Carry out joint site meetings with client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Survey and programme work streams for supply chain.
- Provide updates and reports on a regular basis to the works control and noticing departments.
- Complete material sample audits where required.
- Carry out daily toolbox audits and safety audits with both direct staff and sub-contractors.
- Carry out in-progress audits and coach sub-contractors on site.
- Manage daily targets for sample inspections.
- Investigate jobs and assign responsible operatives for commercial reporting.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site.
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered.
- Report daily to your line manager of outputs, problems, issues.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the line manager.
- Report findings real time via a handheld device in conjunction with client and works control.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a 'Right First Time' culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that our client undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience and a strong understanding of the SROH.
- NRSWA accreditation to Supervisor.
- IT skills to liaise with group works control.
- An understanding of permit to work schemes and noticing.
- Experience of demonstrating good communication skills and of prioritising works effectively.
- Comfortable and confident working to tight timescales effectively.
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders and communicating effectively Experience of implementing, following and amending procedures for the purpose of service delivery as dictated by the client.
- Previous reinstatement experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand client's quality requirements.
- Candidates should be professional; self-motivated with good communication skills and be able to integrate fully into the project delivery team.
- Experience of managing civils / utility contracts preferable telecoms
The Good Bits:
Or client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages such as:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Company Van and fuel card.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
About our client
Our client are an international group of companies employing over 3,500 employees and has been in operation since 1975. We are providers in the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, Energy and Power Service sectors across Ireland, the UK and Internationally.
Whilst achieving rapid growth in recent years, we maintain an embedded tradition to satisfy our clients' needs while delivering the highest standard of safety, quality and customer service. Our clients staff are offered a working environment that encourages their input and has common values and goals. Our culture is characterised by transparency, inclusiveness and trust.
We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.