- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
C & I Metering technician
Due to expansion, my client is looking for a qualified and experienced Electric Meter Engineer qualified and experienced to LVCT level to join a highly reputable and longstanding Meter Operations Company based in the midlands area of the UK
If successful in acquiring the role, you will be based from your home address and will have the support of a well-established team of field management and office professionals who pride themselves on their high levels of service and support to both our commercial customers and internal colleagues in the field. You will truly be recognised for your efforts and contribution as well as enjoy the atmosphere of being part of a genuinely friendly company that cares about all of its employees.
Your main function will be solo working on both metering and sub metering roles as well as any other technical installation projects as required. offering a good basic salary plus all of the tools and equipment required to carry out the job. You will enjoy working mainly Monday to Friday between 8am-17.00, although to meet the needs of our customers at times you may need to work outside of these hours for which you will be paid overtime.
This role is field based, and as such you must be prepared to work in all weathers and sometimes difficult or dirty conditions as metering equipment can be in based in areas such as basements, cupboards and outside areas which have been unmanned for periods of time. Your knowledge of safety and risk assessing will be key to this role as will a reasonable level of physical fitness and manual dexterity because of the nature of work and the regular manual handling.
- Carry out complete installation, replacements and removal of single phase and 3 phase WC AMR metering and associated equipment (contactors, isolators, time switches)
- Installation and Maintenance of LV COP3, COP 5 and COP 10 Smart Metering Systems for Commercial and Industrial Customers (LVCT)
- Site commissioning and programming of all metering equipment
Skills and Experience required:
- Prior experience of complex LV metering installations and setups including sub metering
- Proactive time management and the ability to progress appointments through to successful completions
- Be familiar with industry standard meter types (EDMI, Elster, ISKRA etc) and their software.
- Familiarity with various metering modems and how to program/set up
- Good IT and MS Office skills.
- Sound electrical background with desirable qualifications i.e C&G 236 or equivalent, but at the minimum substantial experience in relation to the installation of Code of Practice 3, 5 and 10 Smart Metering and knowledge of CT's, their wiring and meter cabinets
- Desirable 17th/18th IEE wiring regulation qualification
- Mocopa authorization to LVCT as well as any other geographical DNO authorisations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.