- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for an estimator to join an awarding wining distribution based in their central London area. The role is a permanent position.
Location: Elephant & Castle London
Salary: Circa £75k (including car allowance and potential bonus)
The role of the estimator will include:
- Responsible for pricing and estimating of all works and services across the Services business in an analytical and systematic way, pricing for works up to £200m
- Management of opportunities and pipeline linked to business development.
- Establish bid strategies from earliest possible stage.
- Preparation of prime cost estimates.
- Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage.
- Liaison with contracts team for construction advice and planning.
- Advise on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin.
- In conjunction with marketing function, prepare pre-bid submissions/pre-qualification documents.
- Pricing and Estimating subject matter expert with Senior Management and Wider Management teams, providing guidance and advice on estimating strategies on potential bids
- Working with existing Pricing and Estimating team to introduce a consistent, best in class way of working on pricing and estimating activities across UK Power Networks Services
- Coaching and mentoring of existing Pricing and Estimating teams to ensure work is carried out in a consistent and professional manner on all bids
- Responsible for evaluations of options or alternatives
The successful estimator will require:
- Strong numerical skills.
- Good analytical skills and to be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills
- Good commercial awareness.
- An awareness of data confidentiality.
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with external engineering organisations as well as customers/stakeholders representing the company to best effect
- Must have strong team working ethic and customer focus
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and design specifications
- Understanding of the planning and sequencing of construction of projects
- Understanding of the process of procuring Subcontractors or suppliers
- Ability to compile information for submission to clients
- Will hold a formal qualification related to Electrical Engineering or Electrical Estimating discipline or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in an industry-related field, such as Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be willing to attend safety courses and hold safety certificates
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.