- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
RF Test Engineer
Our defence client has a new requirement for a RF Test Engineer on a contractor basis for an initial 6 month contract that is likely to be extended on a rolling basis. Due to the nature of this work, candidates must be eligible for UK SC Clearance.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE JOB:
Control production Special Test Equipment. De-bug to component level complicated Digital and RF CCA's using special to type test equipment. Support the production test and troubleshoot departments. Perform various duties associated with assembly, test and troubleshoot of highly complex assemblies.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Fault find to component level on both RF modules and complex CCA's.
* Test Procedures - may be required to assist with the preparation of production test procedures from engineering specifications to assure that the product is being adequately tested in every parameter required.
* Production Test Support -- Train production test personnel on the theory of operation of Harris products.
* Support test on problems too complex for production tester.
* Analyse test problems and inform the project test engineer when a design problem exists.
* Assembly -- Performs assembly/test of highly complex assemblies used in military communications.
* Administrative -- Assists on cost reduction, and records to identify problem areas in test.
* Conduct STE acceptance and/or qualification and/or type test.
* Assists in development, assembly, and maintenance of STE.
* Assist others in department when needed.
* Work on special duties such as programming the automatic test equipment.
* Experience Required -- Minimum of 2 years applicable technician/engineer experience.
* Knowledge Required -- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of electronic products including some mechanical understanding.
* Knowledge of mathematics is required. Requires ability to communicate well with others.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.