- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Design Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our clients highways team in Oxford.
This is an exciting position where you will be a pivotal member of a busy project team working on major schemes within our Oxfordshire County Council contract.
The Oxfordshire Highways contract is an integrated contract delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
To achieve the growth and economic aspirations set by Oxfordshire County Council, there is an exciting and ambitious capital investment programme to tackle congestion and improve access to businesses and housing, and therefore we are seeking to recruit design staff at various levels to expand the Oxford office.
The Design Engineer will work as part of a close-knit team of engineers and technicians to develop and deliver a wide range of highway and transport infrastructure projects.
These range from small scale city centre cycling & pedestrian improvements, to major new highway infrastructure and sustainable transport projects.
* Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes
* Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement these schemes from 'start to finish' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
* Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme
* Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice, to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value
* Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers
* Come from a string Design background, derisibly in the Highways sector, working on structures, roads, pavements, carriageways or similar
We're looking for:
* Track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers
* Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes
* Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data
* Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming (desirable)
* A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience
The position is based in their co-located office in County Hall - a lively, vibrant workplace in a central location next to one of the UK's leading shopping centres with excellent access to public transport.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.