- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Operations Director / Head of Operations
A rare opportunity has come to market for an established Operations Director / Head of Operations to join a leading design and engineering consultancy service.
My client is a leading maritime consultancy is one of the most innovative start ups in the industry and is expanding quickly due to a number of succesful projects which are now moving into delivery phase. They now need to recruit a flexible Operations Director who will report to the CEO, you will be a full member of the management team and become involved in both traditional tasks for Operations Directors but also project planning, procurement, negotiation, recruitment, company documentation and workflow and project management will also be a key part of the role. No individual task will be too big or too small for the right candidate.
Personality is of paramount importance. The successful candidate will be energetic and go getting alongside the practical skills and intellect.
We are looking for an experienced operations professional, ideally with an engineering background (or at least a strong understanding and have worked in a similar industry) to organise and oversee the daily operations of our company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be a key part of the management in setting goals that promote company growth
- Directs and coordinates the internal structure of an organisation based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently.
- Manage procurement processes, sourcing and assists in negotiations
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Oversees daily activity of the team
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees
- Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Develops plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Improves existing systems and policies
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace
- Oversees manufacturing functions when such operations are required
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Whole-system understanding: including electrical, hydraulic, control, calibration, and mechanical aspects
Operations Director Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with emphasis on the following personal attribute
- technically sharp with high grade MEng or similar level qualification from a reputable university (or strong relevant experience in engineering company)
- A wealth of experince in a senior role in the appropriate field
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to change and driven to achieve result.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation at an exciting time in their development as a leading marine consultancy. Please call for an informal confidential discusion. 07733238036
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.