- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Product Development Engineers
Product Development Engineers required in Defence industry
Our Defence industry client in South Wales are looking for a number of Product Development Engineers to join their Multi-Disciplined team involved in the development, design, manufacture and test of a number of new and legacy munitions products for UK and export customers
The chosen engineers would be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle; concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products.
- Configuration and maintenance of Engineering bills of materials for products
- Product design and evaluation / down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Process design, definition and critical evaluation e.g. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP).
- Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics).
- Coordination of product and process empirical testing and evaluation.
- Development of quality systems
- Management of suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
- Contribution to the Risk Management process
- Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal
- Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
Suitable candidates will have a Degree or BTEC (HNC) in a technically-based discipline (mechanical or chemical) as well as experience of applying it within an employment capacity. Experience of product test, optimisation, test and evaluation will be key characteristics of these individuals.
It is also essential that individuals have experience of design analysis techniques including DFMEA, FTA, PCP and PFMEA.
Because of the nature of the work chosen candidates will need to be able to obtain (if not held already) full UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher. It is also desirable that candidates have a working knowledge of munitions design and manufacture
This role will be based from their site in South Wales but may require occasional travel to other locations and is expected as a minimum to last until the end of March 2021
c£23.00 per hour (PAYE) / £30.00 per hour (LTD)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.