- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client are a growing FMCG company who are looking for an Engineering Technician with an electrical or mechanical background to work on their state of the art equipment and machinery.
What you will be doing…
- Reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What we are looking for…
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
Shift: Panama - 12 hour shifts which will involve weekdays, weekends, days and nights.
What you will get in return…
- Competitive salary with a range of benefits including; private medical insurance, enhanced pension scheme, 25 days holiday and access to a range of discounts.
- Training, development and a Career Development pathway
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.