- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Civils Cost Engineer
We have an exciting opportuntity for an experienced Cost Engineer within the fast growing Fibre Telecommunications sector.
CIVILS COST ENGINEER
We are looking to recruit a FTTP Civils Cost Engineer, who can drive operational costs on multiple FTTP build programmes, you'll likely be a known figure in the FTTP industry and come with the ability to act decisively, hit the ground running and own all aspect of the civils build. This is essential, so a proven track record in telecoms civils / fibre build is a must.
You'll direct and manage all aspects of costs management, and be a strong KPI driven manager who can use the data to assess what is working and what is not, performance wise.
Mixture of office based and in the field. This is going to be a fast moving, roll out but with a strong eye on quality, so you should be well versed in a similar telecoms environment and you`ll be able to point to a track record of delivering on time and within budget.
* Managing external stakeholders
* Attend and chair all required meetings, both supply chain and internal stakeholders
* Lead and develop a team to successfully meet and exceed expectations
* Cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation
* Feasibility studies
* Cost benefit analysis
* Writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc.)
* Risk analysis evaluations
* Initiating Dispute escalation procedure where issues remain unresolved
* Reviewing and approving subcontract financial application
* Monitoring and approving change control (EWN's and CE's)
* Managing street civils costs so that they are inline with Cost Per Premises Passed (CPPP) key targets
* Experienced in Utility Works / Highways works
* Experienced in FTTP civils builds and their designs
* Competent in using Microsoft Office products - word, excel etc.
* Team worker with good interpersonal skills
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
* Maths skills / numerically minded
* Budget and financial management
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Industry knowledge and understanding
* NRSWA accreditation to supervisor (desirable)
* Previous experience of CRM software - Salesforce (desirable)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.