- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
BAE Systems are seeking an Installation Engineer to work on their air sector projects in Christchurch.
Installation Engineer - Christchurch (Dorset) - 12 Months - £45ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role requires a BPSS Clearance before starting. Once started, you will be expected to pass a Full DV Clearance. You must be happy and able to achieve this. Due to these clearance restrictions, candidates must be full British Citizens, with no dual or relinquished nationalities, and be born in the UK.
BAE Systems are currently recruiting for two Installation Engineers that based at the Christchurch site but predominantly working at customer locations. The appointment is a complement to the existing 25 strong team that provides support to a fully integrated command and control system to Royal Navy operations staff. This exciting systems and software programme covers many disciplines including installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support. The team operates from the Christchurch site for delivery to customer at various naval HQs.
To be successful, you should have an existing knowledge/ understanding of the following. If not all the bullet points are covered by your knowledge, you must have a general interest/ willingness to learn the remainder. External or on the job training can be provided in required areas.
- Military communications systems including radio and cryptographic equipment.
- Systems design and systems interfacing.
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques.
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques.
- System installation and techniques to either undertake or manage a communications systems installation.
- Knowledge of electrical safety regulations, standards and application to testing installations and equipment.
- An understanding of JSP604 (leaflet 4800) and the associated installation requirements.
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system.
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals.
- System setting to work and system transition.
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work.
- Interfacing with sub-contractors
To be successful you must have the following knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Able to work alongside peer installation and systems engineers and to liaise across all project domain.
- Confident to liaise with customer and user representatives to discuss systems technical issues at both a low level (i.e. system interfacing) and at a higher level (i.e. System operation).
- Qualified to diploma or degree level in electrical or electronic engineering.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.