- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a successful manufacturing company who are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their maintenance team.
What you will be doing…
You will be supporting and leading the shift-based maintenance team, driving and delivering to operational targets within budget and timescale. The successful candidate will work in a hands-on position alongside a team of Maintenance Technicians, as well as other Maintenance Engineers, supporting the maintenance team and delivering through their experience and know-how. The role is responsible for identifying and driving improvement activities and will require a high level of technical expertise including PLC systems, AC / DC drives and the latest electrical technologies and automation techniques.
- Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards.
- Provide hands-on, practical support to a team of multiskilled technicians, who operate across a variety of shift patterns, completing both proactive and reactive Maintenance activities.
- Ensure site services, including HV switch gear, electrical distribution systems, process water and compressors are monitored and maintained.
- Support / manage project activity, including the technical specification, planning and delivery of projects such as new machine design, retro-fitments and improvement activities.
- Support the achievement of all maintenance measures, including; PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Breakdown and fault reduction activity, meantime between failure, meantime to repair, etc
- Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy to improve performance and drive site sustainability using tools such as 5Why and FMEA to identify areas needing improvement.
- Support the identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
- Identify and implement innovative technical solutions to overcome maintenance problems.
- Take responsibility for aspects of direct line leadership of the maintenance team, Co-ordinating activities across all shift patterns.
- Ensure site standards, conditions and procedures are adhered to and upheld
- Support the development of Maintenance Technicians in relation to electrical activities
SHIFT: Continuous Shift Pattern (4-on, 4-off)
What we are looking for…
As the successful candidate, you will preferably be educated to degree standard in an electrical engineering discipline however, candidates with a minimum of an HNC level qualification together with significant relevant experience will be considered. You will have gained "Hands On" maintenance experience through completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of electrical control principles and hardware to provide technical support to technicians
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent process based knowledge and project management skills
- The resilience to deal with complex problems, in a pressured environment with the ability to implement solutions to ensure safe production continuity
- Self-Starter / Motivator
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.