- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Development and Test Engineering Technician
I am working with a client in Wrexham who are searching for a Development & Test Engineering Technician to join their team.
A vacancy has arisen within our Components business for an accessories Development and Test Engineering Technician to ensure the continued development and testing of LV and MV accessories to meet the requirements of both the utility and industrial customers. The position is responsible for the running of the busy Components laboratory.
- Develop, plan and manage the test programmes
- Operates the laboratory test equipment
- Provides training and supervision on laboratory test equipment
- Builds prototype products as part of the new product development process
- Builds prototype products for type approval
- Produces type approval test reports
- Responsible for the safe running of the Components test laboratory
- Responsible for the electrical safety of the Component's laboratory
- Investigates test failures
- Investigates customer failures both on site and in the laboratory
- Provides support for product familiarization both at a customer's site and in the Components laboratory
- Manages the test materials inventory in order to complete type approval
- Manages the maintenance and calibration programmes of the laboratory test equipment and test equipment at our commercial partners premises.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level, in electrical engineering. However, relevant experience will be considered equivalent. With a working knowledge of Electrical Engineering, the successful candidate will have previously worked in either a production test or product installation environment having experience of MV / HV cables.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.