- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - Power Electronics
Our client are a cutting edge space technology company seeking an experience electrical and power systems design engineer.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Lead, you will be the project technical authority during the life cycle of the project. A key part of this is technical responsibility for producing the electrical systems logical and physical architecture and ensuring its early phase studies through design, integration and validation phases of Earth Observation Payload Systems.
Your work will involve gathering requirements (at each level of the product tree), generating high-level specifications and developing / maintaining performance models to ensure the reliability and integrity of electrical signals transmission and power distribution, taking into account bonding shielding throughout the spacecraft and EMC.
- Define robust electrical systems architectures for spacecraft payloads including DC power, telemetry and command and control interfaces
- Work in a multidisciplinary team throughout the project lifecycle, to establish and develop a system/product/service
- Capture customer needs, define technical requirements and turn them into a feasible solution by proposing a reliable and cost-effective electrical systems architecture. Manage technical relationships with customers
- Represent the electrical systems architecture to other stakeholders and maintain an accurate database of documents, drawings and tables depicting all electrical interfaces
- Manage engineering work packages including work placed on contractors or suppliers, ensuring completion of tasks within time, cost and schedule
- Manage technical relationships with suppliers to agree technical requirements and ensure adequate expertise applied to product development and performance.
- Support demonstration of the system performance, by preparing and completing verification and tests
- Prepare and present information for project and internal reviews and for customer progress meetings
- Anticipate and manage trade-offs between solutions considering all aspects: quality, cost, schedule, risks, safety and performance.
- Experience in design and development of analog, digital and DC power interfaces and distribution systems
- Thorough knowledge of standard interfaces and protocols for different types and speeds of digital signals, and their appropriate applications
- Solid understanding of transmission lines and communications theory
- Experienced in use of industry standard modelling tools (e.g. P-Spice, Matlab) for signals analysis
- Thorough understanding of bonding, grounding and shielding and the management of EMC
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.