- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a cutting edge space technology business with an exciting opportunity for a DSP / FPGA Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be working within a team utilising the latest development tools and exploiting advanced FPGA products from Xilinx and Atmel, on state-of-the art developments for a new space-borne environmental radar satellite for the European Space Agency.
- Analyse all relevant requirements and perform high speed, robust FPGA designs for Space application using VHDL on Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale and/or Actel target devices
- Perform analyses and maintain budgets to confirm compliance to requirements taking into account environmental factors and margins.
- Develop and implement verification strategies, test benches, plans and procedures to ensure adequate verification and validation of performance.
- Prepare documentation in compliance with ECSS requirements on ASIC and FPGA development: ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C.
- Prepare and present oral and written information in clear and concise form for formal project reviews, and customer progress meetings.
- Participate in hardware testing and debugging with embedded firmware.
Required skills/ experience/ education :
- Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven track record of successful high speed DSP design and firmware development targeting advanced Xilinx FPGAs or similar, and integration of complex FPGAs and digital boards.
- Experience in use of Mentor graphics tools including Signal & Power Integrity analysis,
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary systems engineering environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form, for presentation internally and to customers.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.