- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to cover sites across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
The ideal candidate will provide technical support to water asset management and operational teams on issues relating to groundwater hydrogeology and abstraction for public water supply. This position is based in Falmer, Brighton. It is part of a team of 3 Senior Hydrogeologists who cover the whole of the Southern Water region at sites in Otterbourne (Hampshire), Burham (North Kent) and Falmer (East Sussex). This role is to cover Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Promote consistent asset management principles and approaches to provide support and guidance for area operational teams.
- To ensure compliance with water quality, security of supply and environmental regulations.
- Develop an area specific plan to proactively manage risks at our clients groundwater sources and to minimise environmental impacts
- Act as technical lead on groundwater assets
- Assess potential risks to a continued reliable supply of high quality drinking water and ensure risks are managed operationally or inputted into the clients risk management process.
- Assess abstraction well raw water quality and yield issues and risks in the context of potential impacts to the downstream water treatment processes and continued security of supply.
- Review immediate abstraction well issues with internal stakeholders and ensure appropriate operational measures are put in place.
- Review potential strategic risks with Strategy (Water Resources).
- Understand and input into a range of hydrogeological issues, including general planning and third party risks to groundwater quality, the interpretation of well tests and down-hole CCTV & geophysics surveys, associated well construction/condition assessments, related raw water quality or well yield issues, well rehabilitation and well head refurbishment options, and borehole drilling and well design.
- Undertake hydrogeology field work and site visits (as part of an annual programme of work) to include asset risk survey and local catchment survey. Liaise with Operations, Integrated Planning and the Environment Agency and Local Authorities where necessary to protect water quality.
- Conduct reactive risk assessments and on the ground liaison to protect sources from contamination.
- Degree in Geology, Environmental Science or Earth Science.
- An MSc in Hydrogeology or similar
- Chartered status in a relevant field is preferred or willingness to work towards it.
- 5+years' experience, of which a minimum of 3 years should be within a Water Company and/or Water Supply related work
- Good planning/project management ability
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in using GIS software such as MapInfo/ArcGIS/QGIS
Our client/job package
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- BUPA health cash plan
- Free annual eye test
- Company pension
- Annual salary reviews
- Perkbox benefits
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.