- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineer - Days/Nights
My client is looking for two experienced Senior Engineer's with previous highway major project or smart motorway experience. Ideally with all round experience on Roadworks, earthworks, drainage, structures, surfacing, VRS, Barriers, Slip forming.
- Working with an integrated team to develop the detailed design, delivery and handover of the allocated schemes.
- Contribute to the buildability input into the design for various aspects of the project predominantly road works focused including earthworks, drainage, surfacing and some structures.
- Support senior members of the team to aid communications with various key stakeholders including but not limited to Northumberland County Council, Environment Agency, Natural England, etc.
- Support the commercial and planning teams with the development of cost forecasts and programmes for the development of budgets; delivery of works and monitoring of progress.
- Work with various specialist suppliers during the detailed design / development phase and subsequently on site to ensure works are delivered on time and within safety and quality standards
- Work with the design team in developing the buildable solution to be constructed on site.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the delivery of the works considering access, temporary works and logistic constraints for your allocated section.
- Ensure works are supervised on site and delivered in accordance with the works information
- Liaise with the design team to proactively seek safe and efficient solutions on site should any unforeseen buildability issues arise during delivery.
- Be accountable for the quality of the constructed product by ensuring full compliance of the relevant quality documentation including Inspection and test plans.
- Package management of subcontractors during detailed design and subsequently during construction.
- Manage interactions between designers and on-site team to resolve outstanding design and technical queries during the construction phase.
- Challenge and report any unsafe acts observed during project delivery.
- Preparation and review of safe systems of work including RAMS, permits, etc.
- Active participation in project improvement (including innovation, SHE and quality)
- Carry out records of work including site diaries, output monitoring, progress reports, quality documentation etc.
- Build effective relationships and support junior staff in their development.
- Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng).
- Demonstrable experience delivering infrastructure projects.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) mandatory.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) preferable.
- Other relevant training to be listed on CV.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
- Willing to mentor and develop junior staff
- Experience in some or all of the following: highways delivery in logistically challenging environments including earthworks, drainage, structures, surfacing and associated temporary works. Works in environmentally sensitive areas
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.