- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Contract Solutions Architect - Defence Training Solutions
Matchtech are recruiting for a Solutions Architect for our defence client who have recently won a multi-milion pound training solutions contract with UK Royal Navy.
Solutions Architect - full time contract (Inside IR35)
UK Security Clearance is required for this contract
This role is to develop exciting leading edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept phase through to full roll-out to our Customers. There will be an opportunity to shape and influence the development methods, working in collaboration with world class partners and Customer.
- Discover, define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based training systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for Training, considering the horizons required to support current and future Customers' needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as Design Authority for UK's Training Architecture and Solutions
- Communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for Training Solutions.
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to Training Solutions.
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made with the wider business
- Set the architectural guard rails for Training Solutions
Essential Skills The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. You will have extensive skills in most of the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience of digital training platforms.
- Experience in the design of training solutions providing mixed technologies including: emulation, simulation, scenario generation, immersion, mixed reality, with modern methods to measure effectiveness.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.