- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer V&V
Embedded C V&V Software Engineer required to work a 6 months (initial) contract with a major Defence company in the UK.
- Embedded C
- Software V&V
- Real Time Embedded Software
Job Title: Embedded C/C++ V&V Engineer
Overview of department:
Our Company creates some of the world's most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems, and we want you to be a part of our Team.
We are currently in search of an experienced Software Engineer ideally coming from defence background, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support. We expect the candidate to be SC cleared or clearable.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
- We offer an environment for Software Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
- Opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
- Experience of full lifecycle real time embedded software development.
- Significant previous experience of validation, and verification of the Embedded Software written in mainly C or Ada and developed at very high integrity level and/or adhering to DO178 standard.
- Proven experience of Low level embedded bare-metal programming without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce require documentations to achieve high integrity level.
- Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Experience of designing software using UML however not essential.
Desirable / Advantageous
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as LDRA, RTC, Rhapsody
Knowledge of real time operating systems
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.