- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Programme Engineering Manager - Training Solutions
Matchtech are now support our defence client in the south east to recruit a contract Engineering Programmer Manager for an initial 6 month contract.
Programme Engineering Manager (Contract) - Training Solutions
6 months contract
Location - South East
Please call to discuss the daily rate
A fantastic opportunity to join our defence client in Program Engineering Management within thier Training Solutions business. This new role encompasses Engineering management and the delivery of our customer-centric Training Solutions, where you will lead the Engineering team from the bid and proposal, planning, delivery and ongoing service
Oversite of engineering activities across the Training solutions reporting to the Head of Engineering within the Cyber, Intelligence and Training Solutions Business.
- Develop a strong technical capability within the business, working closely with the Training Solutions Architect / Design Authority to define the resources to develop winning, high integrity solutions.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators to programme stakeholders.
- Ensure all phases of the programme are subject to Gate and Design reviews in accordance to the Development Plan, and all issues are resolved in an effective manner.
- Responsible for programme adherence to schedule.
- Manage cost adherence to the programme budgets, using 'earned value' techniques
- Risk management for all Engineering deliverables and effective mitigation actions
- Resource management of engineering functions.
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are managed via a Configuration Management Plan and achieve correct Design Certifications.
- Setting of goals and appraising Engineering staff and agreeing project specific training needs.
- Technical point of contact and liaison point for key customer organisations.
- Technical interface and management of programme's contractors & sub-contractors.
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of complex development programmes, using discretion and innovative approaches to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating an engineering team with varying and diverse skills
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use a varied "tool box" creatively
- Can operate on day to day activities without losing sight of the "big picture"
- Effective communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Confident and competent in a "customer facing" role, represents the organisation as the engineering contact on contracts and projects.
- Resourceful, decisive and resilient in achieving commitments
- Demonstrable experience over a range of programmes, preferably in the Defence and / or Technical Training sector.
- BSc / BEng. in Software, Engineering, Science, or Aeronautical Engineering
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.