- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Repairs Technician
To join our existing small team in troubleshooting, testing, repairing and assembling electronic circuit boards and electro-mechanical components.
Repairs Technician (Electrical)
Working for a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
To join our existing small team in troubleshooting, testing, repairing and assembling electronic circuit boards and electro-mechanical components. The key activities will involve working on a mix of new and older technologies, dependent upon customer, but including:
- Fault-finding to board level on technically advanced systems from global suppliers, including industrialised PC's and associated peripherals
- Modifications & upgrades to systems under support, sometimes at component level
- Component level fault finding and repair of the Company's own hardware products, including surface mount and older TTL/CMOS technologiesThe role is primarily office-based but will require occasional sitework. The person must therefore be comfortable in a customer facing position and able to work both independently and as part of a team.Essential Requirements:
- Will have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
- Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters, meggers and other test equipment
- Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints and parts lists
- Able to understand and implement test procedures and instructions
- Able to maintain test documentation and reports
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to witness equipment tests and conduct on-site fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g. HNC/HND or a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working
For more information please contact Kieran Duggan at Matchtech on 01489 898162
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.