- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DSP Design Engineer
Our client are a major defence technology business currently seeking an experienced DSP design engineer to work on the development of two new radar systems.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing FPGA-based digital signal processing ( DSP ) solutions for Radar RCS measurement system. Working as part of a high calibre Software/RF System On Chip team, you will be involved in all phases of projects and additional engineering tasks. The DSP-FPGA Design Engineers implement complex system algorithms and interface in Model Based Environment for Radar Systems.
- Implement complex system algorithms and interfaces in Model Based Environments for RCS measurements systems.
- Applicable project span all levels of maturity from initial concept generation through design, prototype, development, test and transition to production.
- Develop requirements and budgets for signal processing functions
- Support system & FPGA simulations, implementations, and verification (In Matlab-Simulink)
- Implement DSP algorithms for FPGA (Xilinx) structures
- Provide risk assessments, suggest and execute feasibility investigations, and guidance for bringing new technology to market.
- Communicate timely and accurate project status, provide alternative problem resolution ideas.
- Ensuring, in collaboration with Software Lead, the complete set of requirements from which the model is to be developed are captured and managed (this explicitly includes the capture and communication of design constraints , including external interfaces, partitioning requirements etc.)
- Contributing directly to the definition of Software architectural constraints considerations, which form an important set of functional requirements allocated to the model.
- Ensuring that any Software verification activities performed by the Systems life cycle processes within the model are provided into the Software Life cycle process in a manner that has satisfied the DO178C objectives.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Design with architecting and implementing Digital Signal processing systems, Functions and FPGA design experience using VHDL or Verilog;
- FPGA design experience with synthesis, timing analysis and verification;
- Experience with Modelsim, Matlab/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, Git and development tools;
- Detailed knowledge of implementing Filters, FFTs , etc, design structures;
- Working knowledge at both simulation level (Matlab/Simulink) as well as the implementation and verification level;
- Familiarity with using oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, logic analysers, etc;
- Literacy with real-time embedded software, especially debugging is advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong background and experience with industry best practices and version control;
- Understanding of RF Systems, specifically Radar or EW.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.