- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, are looking for mehanical fitters to join them on a permanent basis. Candidates will need water industry experience and an installation background.
- Ensure that all tasks and works carried out comply with company standards, policies and statutory regulations in respect to health & safety.
- Ensure that all tasks and works are carried out, completed, tested and commissioned to current legislative standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure good workmanship and industry best practice is adopted and ensure a "right first-time finishing culture" is applied to maintain quality, optimisation of programmed hours and that only necessary materials are used.
- Complete and comply with all risk assessments, method statements (RAMS), safety instructions and use all equipment provided in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure work is carried out in a timely manner and to programme and report any deviations or problems as they occur to the PM
Candidates will need to have a demonstrated background, completing small to medium sized installation projects. Able to work alone or as part of a team.
Works may include but not limited to:
- Installation of pipework, small and large bore, stainless steel/ductile, brackets/supports
- Plastic - ABS/PVC, Fusion/Solvent Welding
- Installing secondary steelwork, handrails/balustrades/staircases/platforms/bridges
- Carrying out commissioning and pressure testing
Must be customer focused with high standard of workmanship and great attention to detail.
Must be comfortable working at heights.
Must be comfortable working on waste water sites.
Candidates will need to have a relevant background and qualifications. C&G, NVQ or recognised apprenticeship.
CSCS or CCNSG is Essential
EUSR Water Hygiene
Thames Water Passport
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.