- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer (M)
This is a senior System Engineering role within the Marshall Towers Asset Delivery programme, reporting into the Marshall System Engineering Manager.
The role is an integral part of the NATS engineering delivery team which is refreshing the RAF's airfield systems at RAF aerodromes both in the UK and abroad as part of Project Marshall. Travel to these sites will be required on occasion.
The successful candidate will be required to perform a number of System Engineering roles on the programme, addressing tactical issues as they arise whilst ensuring appropriate engineering standards are maintained. This is a general System Engineering vacancy focused on the Design stage of the lifecycle. Ideally, the successful candidate will hold a technical degree (or equivalent) and will have 2+ years experience of system engineering on large programmes. Technical knowledge of ATC systems (Voice, RDP, SIS, networking etc.) and experience of Military / ATC / MoD programmes is an advantage. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a clear communicator; will have 'hands on' system integration experience and will be able to work effectively with limited supervision.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following engineering activities/tasks
- Leading assigned engineering and management tasks as required.
- Pro-active management of engineering stakeholders.
- Experience of CISCO LAN technologies is an advantage.
- Ensuring all technical solution designs are demonstrably compliant with the contractual requirements
- Production, update and maintenance of technical design documentation and any associated configuration data.
- Leading System Design Reviews as part of Engineering Lifecycle activities.
- Controlling engineering change.
- Liaising with the 'on-site' installation teams as required, resolving technical queries and anomalies as needed.
- Defect tracking and resolution, including trend analysis.
- Taking technical responsibility for assigned ATC sub-systems (radios, networks, RDP etc.) and resolving technical issues arising.
- Implementation of the Marshall Cyber Security policies.
- Close liaison with the Marshall V & V team, including sign-off of test documentation etc.
- Ensuring delivered systems can be supported 'in service'
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.