- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal TW Engineer
We are looking for a Senior or Principal level Temporary Works Design Engineer for a contract position on HS2. This will initially be working from home but will require travel to the office at a later date in Manchester or London.
- Temporary works design and implementation associated with highways, rail and water projects.
- Including but not exclusively: earthwork stability, retaining structures, formwork, working platforms, scaffolding.
- Engineering software (CAD - compulsory)
- Category 3 design checking
- RAMS reviews and buildability reviews for TWs
- Value engineering e.g. combining temporary works with permanent works
Description of Duties:
- Development of detailed design of required elements of temporary works
- Development of TWs registers and assisting site teams in seeking solutions
- Managing graduate engineers in the development of designs
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with site TWCs and relevant teams to develop ideas
- Innovating and developing new solutions
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering plus Chartership with ICE or IStructE
Good knowledge of CDM and health and safety legislation and competent in exercising the designer's obligations of CDM as a minimum
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.