- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you fascinated by cutting edge weapon technology and excited by the chance to work first hand with weapons systems on military platforms? DE&S requires an experienced Engineer for Complex Weapons Systems to join their Bristol-based team.
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Are you fascinated by cutting edge weapon technology and excited by the chance to work first hand with weapons systems on military platforms?
DE&S have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Engineer for Complex Weapons Systems to join their Bristol-based team. You will become the focal point for managing the delivery of all engineering aspects, including managing the acquisition safety aspects. This will cover all areas of Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives, across Air and Sea domains.
This is a Professional Engineer role, providing expert advice and guidance in technical areas to solve complex technical problems and identify application risks. If you have these attributes, combined with a talent for communicating, influencing and embracing change, this could be the role for you.
If successful in this position, you will be required to support the definition of technical requirements, the management of solution development, and working with Industry, to ensure compliance with customer requirements. You will be influential in demonstrating your knowledge and experience in engineering projects. This role will encompass elements of planning, performance reporting, and the development of people on specific assignments within the Weapons Operating Centre. As a result, you will enhance your skills and subject matter knowledge to help DE&S ensure that the armed forces can operate in the most demanding environments.
In this post, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Interfacing with industry as the intelligent customer, both in a scrutiny role and supporting the identification of application risks. This could include trial plans, design changes, assurance statements and much more
- Keeping up to date with OME (Ordnance, Munitions & Explosives) developments, options, and opportunities for exploitation within the team
- Ensuring coherence with OME Safety Management Systems
- Ensuring coherence with statutory and MOD regulations, safety standards and best practice, in relation to the management of Explosives, Military Laser Systems and associated activities as part of the project
- Providing assurance to the Chief Engineer that Industry and other stakeholders are in line with DE&S and the Regulatory processes. This may include supporting design reviews, safety assurance activities, providing evidence for independent assurance on OME safety/safety management, and assessing and managing OME Safety risk.
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant and suitable OME experience
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Experience/understanding of Airworthiness and its application to OME
- Safety Management of OME experience
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, some of these roles are reserved for UK Nationals only and may also require you to undergo Developed Vetting.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.