- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Development (Principal Engineer)
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is a new positon for an Experienced Engineer or Technical Leader to join a dynamic and well established Engineering Business, as Head of Engineering Development!
As Head of Engineering Development you will play an influential role in the delivery of a key programme to the Customer. In addition this role will provide an excellent opportunity play an influential role in the delivery and to develop the skills and experience required for a project Chief Engineer.
As Head of Engineering Development will manage delivery and functionality of a major Subsystem, involving hardware, software and overall system definition.
You will manage the remaining functional development to completion, support the qualification of the system into service, and support future export campaigns for the system.
Your role will be an important position supporting the delivery of a new capability to UK armed forces, at a critical phased in its development!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Experience in Hardware and / or Software Development.
- Experience in Systems Design, or good appreciation of Systems Design core skills.
- Experience of working with software teams.
- Ability to deliver under a complex programme with many stakeholders, and frequently changing priorities.
- Effectively and timely decision making.
- Excellent 'can do' attitude and pro-active behaviours.
- Strong people-management skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach.
- Proven knowledge of company processes & tool sets.
- Technical Management experience
- Experience working in the defence or similar safety regulated sector.
- Model Based Systems Engineering experience is desirable, experience in Rhapsody.
- Proven experience in leading a team in Hardware, Software or Systems.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.