- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Through Life Support (TTLS) Lead
In these roles you will lead the key activities contributing to Technical Through Life Support (TTLS) of platforms and equipment used by the armed forces, including the planning, support contracts, delivery and operation of in-service support, equipment modifications, and resolution of design and maintenance issues. Working collaboratively with a range of other specialists to ensure effective through life support to Army, RAF or Royal Navy projects.
Depending on your skill sets and our business needs, you could be involved in either of the following projects - Future In Service Support Offshore Patrol Vessels (FISS OPV) - A project aiming to place two long term support contracts on behalf of the Royal Navy. The TTLS lead will help develop the support solution, contract requirements and ensure a seamless support transition putting the 'Maintainer at the heart of the Solution'.
Digital Convergence, Policy and Integration (DCPI) - A project to establish an 'Enduring Data integration Service (DIS)' for all Digital ships, Manage the 'Interim data integration services' and migrate them into the enduring DIS before current contracts expire; aiming to place long term support contracts as applicable to deliver Information Knowledge Management (IKM) - enabled technical services on behalf of the Royal Navy. The TTLS lead will help develop the support solutions for IKM, contract requirements, ensure a seamless migration of data services from 'interim' to 'enduring' solutions including integration of IKM-Toolset.
Leading and developing the maintenance of optimised support, you will be responsible for implementing changes on business processes. You will effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and possess a track-record in leadership, whilst demonstrating your problem solving capabilities combined with your passion for technology with a customer focus. You will collaborate with multi-function teams in order to support both customers remotely and on-site. In addition you will demonstrate your ability to prioritise and manage work load whilst confidently multi-tasking and managing others in a technical environment.
Responsibilities may include -
* Accountability for, with assistance from colleagues in other teams, leading, managing, coordinating, developing, implementing and optimising support solutions through the provision of relevant, timely and accurate support information, data and analysis.
* Working collaboratively with colleagues, set, manage and improve platform(s) / equipment availability, reliability and sustainability targets considering levels of failure, repair and engineering service requirements.
* In liaison with colleagues, define, manage and adjust Service contract arrangements.
* Leadership to teams who provide specialist technical support, e.g. tools, test eqpt, software, data & Tools integration, training, technical documentation and publications.
* Leadership and TLS advice to TTLS teams involved in design and introduce platform/ equipment updates and upgrades ensuring due diligence to all aspects of ILS.
* Implement effective governance on data architecture / data quality compliance requirements; IKM-Tool sets (applications / Tools / Apps) integration compliance requirements, other IKM governance requirements as may be delegated to this role.
* Experience of working in digital service delivery or design or equivalent maritime technical services delivery, ideally using the Agile methodology.
* Understanding of the definition and development of the platform(s)/ equipment's ILS plan and associated ILS documentation using ILS methodologies.
* Providing specialist functional management to ILS personnel.
* Advising on future policy and process.
Due to the security requirements of these positions, the roles are open to Sole UK Nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience of working in at least one of the following fields: ILS, engineering, supportability, or technical operations management.
* Significant management experience of leading, developing and guiding teams in delivering product support, contract support, equipment support solutions and/or optimisation of product performance.
* Experience of digital service delivery or design, or equivalent maritime technical services delivery.
* Strong stakeholder engagement at all levels, combined with experience of service technical contract management.
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Membership of a relevant professional body, i.e. Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) at CEng level
* A Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
What's in it for you? You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
To Apply Simply paste in this link - https://des.skillstream.co.uk/des/reqCreateCv?job_id=857 .
Then upload your CV which clearly demonstrates the * Essential criteria * Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.