- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer- Modelling & Architecture
The Principal Systems Engineer will need to be familiar with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) to develop architectures and requirements for highly complex systems.
The Principal Systems Engineer will have extensive experience of full lifecycle systems engineering, with key focus on architecture design and requirements management; the Principal Systems Engineer should have significant experience of developing and managing system architectures and system / subsystem requirements, along with a strong understanding of the associated interdependencies and interactions across both technologies and the engineering development lifecycle. The role inherently requires a strong aptitude for problem solving, as well as managing potentially conflicting inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
This Principal Systems Engineer role is within the Combat Air business group and will focus on developing a new generation of airborne electronic warfare (EW) detection and countermeasure systems for a future multi-role combat aircraft.
What you will do
- Employ a model-based systems engineering approach to develop architectures and requirements for a next-generation airborne EW sensor / effector system.
- Perform use case analysis for signal processing methods and countermeasure technique generation.
- Undertake top-down system design, explore architectural options and complete trade-off studies.
- Develop system requirements and translate them into subsystem requirements and interface definitions.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and stakeholders to agree the solution.
- Collaborate with implementation and verification / validation teams to ensure delivery of a fully compliant system.
- Planning of demonstrations and trials.
- Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers and industry partners.
- High proficiency working across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience of engineering gate reviews and the associated assessment of design compliance.
- Expertise with MBSE processes, tools (e.g. Cameo System Modeler,) and languages (e.g. SysML).
- Familiarity with using IBM DOORS for requirements development and management.
- Highly proficient at requirements elicitation, negotiation and definition.
- Awareness of agile development methodologies
- Strong numerical and analytical ability.
- Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Experience of supporting design / delivery teams to develop complex, technical solutions in accordance with plans and processes.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and driving difficult issues to conclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / collaboration skills.
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Understanding of passive / active EW detection and countermeasure systems; technology, performance, operation, and use.
- Knowledge of airborne and ground-based radar systems.
- Experience working with configuration management tools (e.g. Azure, Git).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.