- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Planner / Scheduler
Project Controls is a key function within Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and plays a vital role in ensuring the success of projects by providing Estimating, Cost Control, Planning and Scheduling and Risk Management. What makes us unique is that we are involved in all phases of a project from proposal through to completion, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
This post is within the Air Defence and Electronic Warfare Systems (ADEWS) Delivery Team. Based at RAF Henlow in Central Bedfordshire, ADEWS is responsible for a variety of projects and in-service support providing air defence radar, radios, antennas, radomes, and specialist electronic warfare facilities.
Candidates should be aware that, under the Defence Estate Optimisation Strategy, RAF Henlow has been identified as a site for release. Further information will be made available as it becomes available.
In this role you will need to be a strong communicator, with the ability to build working relationships and work collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels. You will have an extensive knowledge and a recent proven track record in a planning and scheduling environment, demonstrating comprehensive application of planning and scheduling tools.
You will be responsible for:
* The Planning and Scheduling team - ensuring all scope is captured, represented, controlled and maintained in the project plans under the lead Project Controls Manager
* Analysing schedule performance data, challenging and clearly communicating to key stakeholders to drive delivery and make informed business decisions
* Working with suppliers and stakeholders to integrate relevant information
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Planning and Scheduling in a Project and programme environment
* Significant experience using Oracle Primavera P6 Planning software, or other leading planning software
* Experience of Performance Management / Earned Value Management
* Understanding of schedule baseline management and related change control processes
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Leading and managing people
* A track record of developing yourself and others
* Understanding of Cost Control / Estimating and the integration with planning
* Understanding of Project Risk management and conducting Schedule Risk Analysis (Oracle RSA preferred)
What's in it for you? You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
To Apply Simply use this link - https://des.skillstream.co.uk/des/reqCreateCv?job_id=851
Then upload your CV which demonstrates, with clear examples, how you match the * Essential criteria
It should also detail your * Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.