- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for an EICA Design Engineer in the Water Sector.
The role will be based predominantly at the office in Birmingham; however, you will be required to visit our other sites as part of this role.
As EICA Design Engineer, you will assist the project team in the delivery of all aspects of EICA design. Projects are typically to deliver process plant, equipment and technology within the industrial, municipal, healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors in the UK. The projects typically include mechanical and electrical equipment, low-voltage control panels, electrical installation, PLC software control systems, operator interfaces and process instrumentation. The role will require you to work alongside our current EICA Design Engineers to become familiar and knowledgeable in the specific technology used in the Water Sector.
Responsibilities will include;
- Providing technical advice on all aspects for specification and procurement of control panels, MCC, cabling, systems integration, process instrumentation and other electrical equipment and various process plant.
- Producing load and instrument schedules.
- To understand and develop the requirements of the process design to define the control requirements.
- To ensure detailed EICA interface information is available to subcontractors in order for their design to be completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviewing of subcontractor drawings and specifications against client and company specifications.
- Detailed checking of documentation including schematics, cable schedules, functional design specifications, HMI mimics etc.
- Providing EICA input into design activities by other disciplines (process, projects design).
- Contributing to the detailed EICA content of P&ID's.
- Conducting detailed technical bid evaluations of quotations prior to placement of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Reporting internally on EICA aspects against budget and programme.
- Liaising with customers and end-users as required.
- Conducting factory and site tests of control panels, MCC's and PLC/HMI software.
- Conducting inspections and tests for electrical equipment and miscellaneous plant.
- Responsible for EICA design aspects of installation and commissioning.
- Visiting sites for meetings with clients, meetings with site teams, and for occasional installation supervision and commissioning.
- Providing assistance to the tendering department in all EICA aspects of tenders, including preparation of specifications, schedules and drawings for enquiries and for assessment of returned quotations.
- Assisting with the preparation of contract programmes and budgets.
- Familiarisation with company standard products, technology and control systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree (BEng, MEng, BSC, MSc) in electrical engineering or a similar electrically oriented course
- Experience in an EICA design role, although a newly graduate person will also be considered for the role
- Experience in understanding P&ID's
- Experience in controls and instrumentation
- Experience and knowledge of water treatment sector
- A full UK driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.