- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Digital Waveform Design Engineer
This role is to work on a new seeker with a fast paced programme team to develop high speed circuits. Broad skills in mixed-signal electronic design with an appreciation of radar systems and a good understanding of FPGAs/CPLDs.
Overview of department:
This role is to work on a new seeker with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to develop high speed circuits. This requires an engineer with broad skills in mixed-signal electronic design with an appreciation of radar systems and also good understanding of programmable devices (FPGAs/CPLDs). The engineer must have a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.
The candidate shall:
- Rapid design and development of analogue & high-speed digital circuits which will be used in multimode seeker applications
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Interact with internal customers and suppliers to understand circuit design requirements, volume constraints and environmental specifications so that the final design is compliant with the overall requirements
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Provide technical advice and assistance in to engineering manager
Candidates must have experience of the following;
Analogue & High-speed Digital Circuit Design
Design, Simulation & Layout using Zuken
FPGA/CPLD Circuit Design and Simulation using Xilinx ISE, Vivado, Libero, and others
Perform design proving test and trials in laboratory
Diagnose hardware problems using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, signal/data analysis in design
Knowledge of mixed signal board techniques
Awareness of manufacturing techniques and capabilities
Appreciation of mechanical design & module packaging
Clear understanding of engineering tools, processes and procedures
Be conversant with design tools including Zuken, Orcad, LTSpice, and others
Be able to write high quality test requirements and test reports
Generate plan of activities
Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF or electronics
Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers
Essential to have some experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports
Desirable to have radar experience with hardware implementation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.