- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronics and FPGA Engineer
An Electronics and FPGA Engineer is required to join a busy R&D team to work on instrumentation and acoustics systems.
- New product development (design & test).
- Existing product development (fault finding / improvement / enhancement).
- Support to Production Department test engineers,
- Design, prototype and document a circuit. Then take it through to a manufacturability state.
- Digital design for interfacing and analogue-digital conversion for precision instrumentation applications.
- Mixed signal design including pre-amplifiers, filters, power supplies, interfacing and analogue-digital conversion for precision instrumentation applications.
- You will be expected to work independently and as a member of a team contributing to all aspects of the product development cycle from requirement analysis through design & development into production.
- You would be expected to produce design documentation and test specifications.
- You may be expected to provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bidding/proposal writing and technical assistance to the Customer Support Manager and Production Department.
- Occasional off-shore support as required including some overseas travel.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience in all round electronics design with expertise in FPGA and System-On-Chip; preferably in an instrumentation development environment.
- Some experience or knowledge of microprocessor based circuit design and embedded software would be desirable.
- Basic Analog components / circuits.
- Verilog / VHDL.
- Circuit analysis, modelling and theory.
- Analog-Digital Conversion.
- Interfacing and IO (e.g. I2C and SPI bus).
- CAD Schematic layout.
- Experience of Cadence OrCAD PCB design tools.
- XilinX Zynq (desirable).
- Linux (desirable).
- Fault finding (desirable).
- Assembler and/or embedded 'C' (desirable).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.