- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Water Resource Compliance Advisor
Southern Water are looking for an experience water resource compliance advisor to join their team in Worthing.
Overall purpose of the role
The role will support the Water Resources Policy and Regulation Team responsibilities in water resources related compliance and performance monitoring and reporting and, to define policy direction of the business with regard to water resources regulatory compliance matters. This will include how these influence current and future expenditure on water asset infrastructure and non-infrastructure and, describing these matters to internal and external stakeholders or Regulators.
Scope of role
This is a wide ranging and potentially complex role, covering water resources management and planning; legislation, Regulation, policy and process; technical (scientific, engineering, environmental) and analytical (of data and information) performance assessment; and, behavioural and cultural issues.
Primary aspects of this role are focus on monitoring of and reporting on performance of:-
* abstraction licence compliance;
* implementation of current Water Resources Management Plan, Drought Plan and Water / Water Resources Environment Programme Scheme and issues;
* Development of new versions of these plans.
The role will also have responsibility to
* direct data provision and analyses as well as undertake analytical scrutiny within the company;
* identify performance improvements and bring about their implementation;
* Develop business impact assessment and advice in relation to current, coming or potential future legislation or Regulatory guidance.
The role will take lead and /or coordinating roles in abstraction licence application and drought permit or drought order applications.
Major accountabilities of role (6-10 short statements)
Approx % of time spent in role
1. Abstraction data is collected, checked, analysed and reported in line with company policy, procedures and Regulatory requirements of abstraction licence compliance, including Regulatory liaison in this area. 30 %
2. Performance against [Water Resources] Plans and Programmes is monitored, reported and improved where necessary, including Regulatory liaison in this area. 10 %
3. Abstraction licence changes are implemented efficiently and transparently within clear governance and assurance, including Regulatory liaison in this area. 15 %
4. Drought permits / orders applications and implementations are progressed
in line with Drought plans, Regulatory guidance and Regulatory and
5. Application readiness for the above is kept live and 'ready. 15 %
6. Support the preparation of new WRMP. Drought Plan, Environment Programme, Business Plan. 10 %
7. Support wider Compliance and performance reporting and performance improvement within or on behalf of the Risk and Compliance Directorate. 5 %
Experience and capability requirements
At least several of:-
* Water resources quantification and assessment techniques (hydrology / groundwater);
* Environmental impact assessment techniques;
* Flow measurement - channels and pipes;
* Data and information handling and quality assurance procedures, including large data sets;
* Rigor of measurement and accuracy of data;
* Water Resources and related environmental legislation and related Policy and Regulations;
* Abstraction licensing and/ or drought permit / drought order application;
* Water Resources and / or drought planning;
* Water efficiency promotion and / or leakage reduction. Capability:
* Highly numerate
* Good verbal reasoning skills
* Good writing, reporting and presentational skills
* Competent IT skills across above
* Aptitude to evaluate complex regulatory, scientific, engineering, environmental data, information and performance interactions.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.