- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fibre Project Manager
Our client are a well established Telecoms company who are currently seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager, with previous experience of civils and cabling activities on telecom infrastructure maintenance contracts.
You'll be working in a company that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other communication providers. Our client aim to be the UK's leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of their people to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You'll receive formal training. - and on-the-job training where appropriate - to ensure you're up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You'll be treated as an individual. We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With our client, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You'll have opportunities to transfer into other sectors, and even different technology areas.
Reporting to the Project Manager 2, the purpose of the role is to project manage all production and associated functions of the Network Build on and off site, including pro-actively liaising with both the Field Operations delivery team and direct with the suppliers making sure all activity is delivered on time, within budget, to high quality standards, and making sure that everything that is being deployed is within a safe environment to HSEQ standards.
- To keep Project Sponsors and other stakeholders up to date with progress
- To monitor spend against budget
- To comply with the relevant Health and Safety Policy provisions
- To perform other duties as required
- To ensure all agreed client and internal KPI's are met or exceeded
- Determine the resource requirements for the completion of all works throughout the project term.
- Manage productivity and assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the work
- Provide direction to Work Coordinators and Production teams.
- To ensure full compliance with local authority and statutory provisions for the administration of Streetworks legislation.
- To mitigate risk and ensure critical path activities are clear and achievable.
- To maintain accurate records of in-progress and completed work.
- To keep Project Sponsors and other stakeholders up to date with progress.
- To monitor spend against budget.
- To comply with the relevant Health and Safety Policy provisions.
- To perform other duties as required.
- To ensure all agreed client and internal KPI's are met or exceeded.
- Business Operations Skills - Experience:
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Adept in the logistical skills required to produce effective and efficient work programs (Customer, materials, geography).
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must be adept in use of software systems.
- Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Must have basic numeracy and literacy skills, to GCSE standard.
- Prince2 or show equivalent understanding (preferred).
- City and Guild NRSWA Coordination of Streetworks or equivalent (preferred).Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join them and you can expect to receive:
- Excellent employee benefits:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don't delay, apply today.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.