- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Lead - Battery Safety
Technical Leader with experience in the delivery of battery systems with particular attention to safety, and with extensive knowledge of the factors affecting battery safety, the control, management and mitigation of hazards.
To provide technical leadership in research and development activities in the field of battery safety primarily focused on the emerging aerospace electrification sector. Supporting collaborative research with a range of exciting partners from start-ups in the Urban Air Mobility sector through to large multinational aerospace companies. With additional technical responsibility supporting the wider teams within the Energy Innovation Centre in particular the facilities and characterisation teams.
- To provide broad ranging Technical Leadership for battery safety (primarily around thermal propagation) across all of our collaborative and directly funded research projects.
- To represent the organisation as a recognised and credible expert in battery safety. To work with academics and wider key UK battery stakeholders and aerospace certification authorities to identify the challenges and needs faced by industry with battery safety.
- To broaden the battery safety research network by actively seeking new industrial, and academic partners.
- To prioritise requests from various stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of the research programmes.
- To develop a battery safety engineering & research strategy to support cross sector applications from static energy storage through to aerospace, covering all aspects from functional safety, high voltage safety and thermal propagation containment.
- To provide co-supervision of Research Students to doctoral level to ensure industrial relevance and applicability.
- A Degree in an engineering / scientific discipline
- Significant industrial experience in the delivery of battery systems with particular attention to safety
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and researchers
- Extensive knowledge of the factors affecting battery safety, the control, management and mitigation of hazards
- An understanding of the fundamentals of thermal runaway in Li-ion battery cell
If you have the essential requirements for this position, then get in touch with Marcus Roberts on 01489 898883 or Marcus.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.