- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Engineering Training Manager
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Defence responsible for the procurement, in service support and disposal of the UK's nuclear submarines.
Trident Engineering Support Trainer (TEST) is a set of courses introduced as part of the development of MoD Civilian and Industry Partner (IP) Strategic Weapons Systems (SWS) and Strategic Weapons Support Systems (SWSS) Suitably Qualified & Experienced Personnel (SQEP) across the SW Enterprise. The courses cover SWS & SWSS Subsystems, the Polaris Sales Agreement (PSA) and the general mechanics of the Trident Programme. Its aim is to contribute to the continued and consistent compliance of maintenance & through life support of the SWS & SWSS, with significant interaction with UK Submarine chains and teams supporting classes of Submarine presently in-build and in-service.
Based at Her Majesty's Naval Base Clyde (HMNB(C), this is generally an on-site role with some remote working where possible. Occasional travel to other sites such as MoD Abbey Wood (Bristol), for meetings/briefing/workshops will also be required. Access to on-site only MoD systems will be required, due to the sensitivity of information.
We are now looking for an Engineering Training Manager, as part of the TEST team, to manage the current training provider, ensure course throughput against the training requirements for the business, and drive continuous improvement into the delivery of TEST.
As the Engineering Training Manager, you will be a member of the Trident Systems Project Team reporting into the SW Enterprise Experience Group Lead and have a dotted line into the Project Manager for in-service areas. You will oversee the planning, scheduling and day-to-day operation of TEST and manages the Training Provider on behalf of the Training Delivery Authority. Working in conjunction with the Trident Training Facility (TTF) Training Manager, the TEST Manager provides assurance for TEST delivery and acts as a local MoD focal point to represent MoD's interests, providing direction where necessary, to clarify any ambiguities.
This will be both a challenging and rewarding role, with lots of opportunities to develop your knowledge, and have a substantial impact on an extremely exciting and high-profile programme. A great opportunity to shape how the strategic systems training is delivered moving forward.
Please note that due to the nature of the projects involved, this role is open to applications from SOLE UK NATIONALS only.
As the Engineering Training Manager, you will have deep experience ideally in Engineering, training and this experience will ideally have been gained within a training / L&D role in engineering or from within an operational Military environment in a training delivery role. Able to demonstrate a good understanding from this experience of content of courses and who they are aimed at. This will also include:
* Manage the output of the training, ensure courses and training meets requirements of the functions and coordinated efficiently within schedule, and maintained via the defence training recording system
* Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of and a real interest in training, innovation, and experience in training both class room and remote processes.
* Mange the delivery of the training, and ensure the training provider are delivering the courses correctly and following the governance of the course
* Collate all TEST requirements and able to prioritize training requirements across the function(s)
* Provide SME feedback where required and maintain consistency
* Must be able to demonstrate experience and capability to work with external and internal stakeholders up to senior level. Including ability to clearly present data and information when required to senior stakeholders both civilian and Military.
* Chair for the TEST Management board annually, for the Statement Of Training Requirements.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience in training within an engineering, defence, military or similar environment, with good knowledge of both class-room training and remote training delivery methods for Training Development & Delivery
* Experience with coordinating training requirements across multiple functions
* Strong stakeholder management ability up to senior levels, able to communicate and influence effectively (strong interpersonal skills),with strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience and understanding of how training courses are structured and various delivery methods (i.e. class-room training, on-line/remote or blended)
* Must be able to demonstrate understanding of competency frameworks and able to align people to this
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Aware of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training). (JSP 822). Gained from working in any military or engineering / defence environment around training JSP 82 / 822 compliance.
* People management experience
* BEng/BSc in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering/science.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.