- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronic Engineering Manager - Analogue and Digital Design
Electronic Engineering Manager with a passion for leading a team of Hardware Designers and Technicians in producing cutting edge products. Proven experience of Analogue and Digital Design required.
Based in Cambridgeshire, we're looking for a hands on hardware design manager who relishes the challenge of designing robust solutions for the Automotive, Aerospace and Marine sectors. You will manage day to day activities of a small team, where communication and time management is key.
Previous experience of Video, audio and data systems within an Automotive, Aerospace, Rail or Marine environment is highly desired.
- Lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers and technicians on hardware development.
- Liaise with the management/Programme team on project deliverables.
- Develop ASIL and ISO 26262 good practices.
- Development of electronics hardware for automotive and motorsport products
- Requirements capture and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Circuit design, analysis and documentation
- Develop design verification and validation testing procedures
- Appropriate documentation of the design to allow long term support of the product.
- Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering. However, applicants without a degree who can nevertheless demonstrate suitable experience will also be considered.
- Analogue or Digital electronics design experience, including concept and detailed design work
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work flexibly - both as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge and experience of programmable hardware design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs using a Hardware Description Language (HDL), specifically VHDL.
- Hybrid and electric vehicle experience for automotive.
- Analogue and Digital Electronics Experience:
- Microprocessors and high speed digital design.
- Serial interfaces: I2C, SPI, UART
- Automotive interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY
- Amplifiers, Filters
- Sensor signal conditioning.
- Micro-controller interfacing.
- Ethernet interfacing.
- RF, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interfacing
- Power Electronics:
- Knowledge of Triac/SCRs, IGBTs & FET
- Power supply design
- DC Motor control
- Actuator drives.
- Design Techniques:
- Circuit simulation & design tolerance analysis
- Circuit electrical and thermal rating analysis
- Design for high volume manufacture
- Design for test, including JTAG, HALT, HAST
- Robust design including FMEA techniques.
- Previous automotive experience
- FPGA development and/or VHDL
Experience of PADS/ORCAD/LTSpice environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.