- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Clerk of Works
Our client is looking for a Highways Clerk of Works to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Outside IR35 (via Umbrella Company)
Job Description -
As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work within the following areas:
- Checking and monitoring that the work is being constructed according to the contract
Specifications road adoption standards and in a safe manner.
- Relaying instructions to Contractor's subject to written confirmation by the NEC4 Project
Manager or Supervisor.
- Informing the NEC4 Project Manager, Supervisor or inspector (for section 278 and 38 works)
Of work progress and problems arising.
- Resolve minor design issues with the contractor and report them to the NEC4 Project Manager,
Supervisor or inspector.
- Taking and agreeing measurements, labour and plant returns and compiling diaries and
Records on day works, claims and related matters.
- Liaising with contractors, developers, Statutory Authorities, Police and public to resolve queries and practical site problems.
- Working with due regard to the Health & Safety of themselves and others at all times.
- Tackling issues relating to sustainability during the construction process.
A full description of the candidate's role will be provided in the resource call off.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Full Drivers Licence required.
- NVQ level 4 or equivalent level of experience
- Extensive experience of working on the construction of Civil Engineering and Highways Projects
- Knowledge of statutory regulations (chapter 8 TSM, NRSWA, Health and safety regulations)
Working conditions / environment:
Site based. Will be provided with site office or a central office location.
- Constant working on live highways and construction sites, including lone working.
- Communicating with colleagues, contractors and developers in a challenging environment.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week min
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 01489882575
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.