- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to work for a Aerospace company on the Isle of Wight.
The successful Test Engineer will be required to test, fault find and repair the electronic and mechanical products down to components level following test specifications and circuit designs. Ideally, you will have previous experience of switch mode power supplies within the aerospace industry combined with knowledge of the standards, such as EASA.
The Test Engineer will need to be able to repair, test and assemble products and also solder to IPC J-STD-001 Class 3. Alongside this, you will need to maintain a high quality of work and ensure products are being shipped to customers on time. Review and correct documentation. Excellent communication skills are required due to interdepartmental liaison.
Test Engineer Requirements:
- Extensive test, repair and fault-finding experience
- Proven ability to solder to IPC-J-STD-001 Class 3
- A background of working within the aerospace industry
- Ability to work down to component level
- Some knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is advantageous
- Raise changes as required to correct documentation
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Testing, fault finding and repair products
- Ensuring all products are being shipped to customers in a timely manner
- Producing Investigation Reports
- Offering technical assistance to both internal and external parties including training to other staff members
- Performing inspection activities as required
- Ensure documentation is correct in line with company requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.